Whether you love household chores or not, but cleaning your home before the arrival of summer or during the spring season is a very important task to do. Spring cleaning is a very important task for all of us. You have to dread cleaning your house before arriving in the summer season. Here, in this article, we will discuss various important tips to clean your house to welcome the summer season:
1. Create A Schedule
You should determine which areas of your house need the most cleaning. Also, you should find out those areas where you can skip routine cleaning tasks. You should choose one room at a time so that you can clean your house without any problem. No matter which room you select, but you should have a better plan to handle the home cleaning task efficiently.
De-cluttering is one of the most important things to consider while cleaning your home. It will not just help you to clean your house, but also help in keeping everything organized. Do you know that clutter affects our psychology and leaves an impression that work is not done? Disorganized houses are not just visually displeasing, but also increase your stress level. You should set separate times for organizing your closet, dusting, and removing unwanted things from your house.
3. Top To Bottom Cleaning
The rule of quick and efficient cleaning your house is that you should start from the top and finish at the bottom. First of all, you should clean the ceiling and after that, you should move in a downward direction. If you follow this rule then you can prevent yourself from cleaning the same thing again and again.
4. Use HEPA Vacuum
You should vacuum clean your sofa, carpet, rugs, and various hard-to-reach corners. It is recommended to use a HEPA vacuum cleaner for optimum cleaning. This high-quality vacuum cleaner can help in removing dust, dirt, and very small size particles. This vacuum cleaner can easily trap pet dander, pollens, microbes, allergens, etc.
5. Maintenance Of Cooling Devices
Summer will approach soon and you should check your cooling devices at your home. You should that your fan is working properly or not. Also, you should check the air conditioning Sydney installed at your home. It is recommended to call professionals for the maintenance of your air conditioner.
6. Walls and Windows Cleaning
Most people focus only on cleaning their floors and they forget to clean their walls and windows. Dust not just settles on the floor, but it also makes your walls and windows dirty. Therefore, you should consider showing some love to your walls and windows. You should use a damp towel for wiping down your walls and blinds. You should take a bowl and add detergent to it. Now, take a squeeze and dip inside this bowl. It will help in cleaning your windows.
7. Kitchen and Bathroom Cleaning
The kitchen and bathrooms are the most functional rooms of the house. These rooms are the dirtiest and very difficult to clean. You should not be afraid of cleaning your kitchen and bathroom because we have shared some ideas to quickly clean your bathroom and kitchen.
- Take a damp cloth to wipe down kitchen cabinets.
- Clean your pantry and refrigerator. Again use a clean and damp cloth for wiping down shelves.
- You should clean the stainless steel appliances in the kitchen with a gentle cleanser to avoid scratches.
- You should change your shower curtain because they get messy with time.
- Check the cosmetic and medicine drawers and throw away unwanted and expired items.
- You should do the maintenance of the existing fan in your bathroom. If it is not working well then you should consider replacing it with the new one. It will help to make sure that your bathroom is in top-notch condition. Exhaust fans help in keeping your bathroom odor-free and also maintain the humidity level. Thus, it is very important to keep the exhaust fan in the bathroom in a top-notch condition.
8. Replace HVAC Filters
Most people overlook the importance of changing HVAC filters during the spring cleaning of the house. But, replacing filters of your ducted air conditioning Sydney is very important. You should call the professionals for replacing the HEPA filter of the ducted air conditioners. It will not just help in retaining the efficiency of the air conditioner, but also help in maintaining good indoor air quality.
9. Protect Yourself From Severe Allergies
Spring home cleaning is just like removing the dust that settles on the furniture and various other surfaces of the houses. If you are suffering from dust allergies, you should prevent yourself. You should use rubber gloves, masks, scarves, and even hairnets. Cleaning will more than likely unsettle all the winter dust on furniture and fixtures.